Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

It's All in the Name

My good friend Bobbi graduated from high school and I wanted to make her something that she would be able to keep well past college and make her own style. I roamed around Hobby Lobby until this was thought up of. 

Here's what you'll need: Scrapbook paper, puff paint, scissors, picture frame, and a dry erase markers. (The puff paint is for the letters. If you don't like your handwriting you can use scrapbook letters.)

 Trace the photo that comes with the frame on the scrapbook paper and cut it out. This will be the back drop for your name plate. 
 Next, using the dry erase marker, write the name or saying onto the glass of the frame. It only took me about 27 times before I was satisfied with it. 
 Trace your letters with the puff paint. This took me awhile just because I wanted it to be perfect so I went really slow. 
 Bobbi's going to be attending U of I in the fall so I wrote Iowa Hawkeyes on the background paper. This also took a supper long time because I didn't like the way it looked. 

And TaDa!! Isn't this beautiful? When she gets tired of this background she can change it with any color she likes. Not including the drying time for the paint this project took only about 30 minutes. It could have taken less if I hadn't been so picky. She loved it and it matched her party decor. Now I kinda want to make on for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment